Indice del forum

ANACA Onlus

Assistenti all'autonomia e comunicazione

PortalPortale  blogBlog  AlbumAlbum  Gruppi utentiGruppi utenti  Lista degli utentiLista degli utenti  GBGuestbook  Pannello UtentePannello Utente  RegistratiRegistrati 
 FlashChatFlashChat  FAQFAQ  CercaCerca  Messaggi PrivatiMessaggi Privati  StatisticheStatistiche  LinksLinks  LoginLogin 
 CalendarioCalendario  DownloadsDownloads  Commenti karmaCommenti karma  TopListTopList  Topics recentiTopics recenti  Vota ForumVota Forum

SACRAMENTO - When Kyle Lowry, the Raptors highest-paid playe
Utenti che stanno guardando questo topic:0 Registrati,0 Nascosti e 0 Ospiti
Utenti registrati: Nessuno

Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Forum di prova
PrecedenteInvia Email a un amico.Utenti che hanno visualizzato questo argomentoSalva questo topic come file txtVersione stampabileMessaggi PrivatiSuccessivo
Autore Messaggio
Bellroll33

Appassionato
Appassionato

Iscritti

italy
MessaggioInviato: 25 Set 2019 07:40:14    Oggetto:  SACRAMENTO - When Kyle Lowry, the Raptors highest-paid playe
Descrizione:

SACRAMENTO - When Kyle Lowry, the Raptors highest-paid player, re-upped in Toronto this summer he knew he was signing on to be the face of the franchise, even if the spotlight would be a shared one. Lowry and DeMar DeRozan, a tenacious tandem on the floor and good friends off it, have blossomed into one of the NBAs premier backcourt duos but with the latter sidelined for an indefinite period of time, the starting point guard has been thrust into the lead role. Its a gig hes more than capable of filling and thriving in but its been something of an adjustment, understandably so. Since inheriting the bulk of the offensive responsibility, along with DeRozan, following last years trade of Rudy Gay, Lowry has settled in as the quarterback, the straw that stirs the drink, the head of the snake. Now, with their leading scorer out, hes tasked with being the head as well as most of its body. Im always going to be comfortable, Lowry said after scoring a game-high 27 points and matching a season-best 13 assists in Torontos 117-109 victory over the Kings, snapping the teams two-game losing streak and winning in Sacramento for the first time since December of 2008. At the end of the day, I still gotta go out there and do my job, he continued. There might be a little bit more of a scoring load on me but Imma go out there and play my game. Of course we miss DeMar and wish him to get back as soon as possible but until then Ive gotta do a job. As the game was on the line late in the fourth quarter, Lowry was relentless, darting to the rim with reckless abandon and carrying his team down the stretch, scoring 10 in the final frame. The dagger came with just under a minute left, Raptors up four. Knowing where Lowry wanted to get to, the Kings clogged the lane and forced the fiery guard out of their paint. Channeling his inner DeRozan, Lowry stepped back and drilled a 20-foot, mid-range jumper. He made the right reads, Dwane Casey said. He kicked it out when he was supposed to kick it out and took what the defence gave him. With DeRozan to lean on, Lowrys instincts had become tremendous, reading game situations and determining whether his team needed him to facilitate or take over at various stages each night. I mean its my partner, Lowry said of DeRozan, who missed his second straight game with a torn groin tendon Tuesday. Thats my teammate. I think we all found ourselves looking for him but we know hes not there and hes not coming through the door right now so weve got to do our job. Finding that balance between leading the team and doing too much will continue to be a work in progress, its a challenge that he had early in his Raptors tenure. DeRozan went down early in the second half of Fridays loss to the Mavericks, a night in which Lowry attempted 22 shots, his third highest total as a Raptor. On Sunday in Los Angeles he shot the ball 28 times, a career-high. Its probably a little bit too many, Casey said Tuesday morning. And hed be the first to tell [you that], but thats an overtime game. Its nowhere near from a selfish standpoint, not even one iota from a selfish standpoint. Just from being in that position from a point [guard] to a scorer, theres a happy medium there and he understands that. I think youll see a difference in his approach. Although he put up 21 shots on Tuesday, 11 of them came in the fourth quarter and most of them were hoisted around the rim. He was more efficient, hitting 10 of those shots on the night, while also finding teammates and taking care of the ball. Theyre corralling him, staying with him longer, Casey said of the added attention hes seeing from opposition defences. Him getting into the paint, the kick outs are going to be there. Thats one decision hes gotta see and make, hes a smart player so hell do that. Because he is going to get attention, more so now than he has. Im just going to be aggressive, Lowry added. Im going to take shots that are there for me. Sometimes when I know Ive got DeMar he might shoot 22 times and Im passing up shots. But I cant afford to pass up shots in this situation. Imma make the right play for my team. Mutually beneficial trade Nearly a full 12 months after the Raptors and Kings pulled the trigger on last seasons seven-player trade - the one-year anniversary is on Monday - both teams are reaping the benefits. For Toronto, the franchises turnaround, while unexpected, was almost immediate. The Raptors are 56-25 since acquiring four key reserves - three of which remain on the team - from the Kings on Dec. 8, 2013, good for the best record in the East. But Sacramento has also started to make strides in the right direction, doing so in the more difficult conference. Despite finishing the season 23-41 after picking up maligned forward Rudy Gay from Toronto - in addition to Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray, who have since moved on - the Kings have shown some promise to begin the new year, with Gay and DeMarcus Cousins at the forefront. After winning five of their first six games, the Kings - recently riddled with injury and illness - have cooled off a bit, losing eight of their last 12. Still, theyve seen enough from the duo of Gay and Cousins to confidently invest in keeping that core together for the foreseeable future. Gay - who had opted into the final year of his deal over the summer, paying him $19.3 million this season - agreed to a three-year $40 million extension with Sacramento last month. Among other factors - namely the repetition alongside a similar high-volume wing player in DeRozan - Gays ambiguous contract situation was one of the primary causes that prompted his trade out of Toronto. Playing off Cousins, a dominate interior presence, the 28-year-old has rediscovered his game in Sacramento. Thats a mark of a good trade, for both teams, said Casey. [Gays] come in here and established himself as one of the stars, one of the key hubs. He fits with this team. Theyve got an inside presence, he fits the wing that they needed, that kind of gives them a post-up, ball hander type guy. After shooting 39 per cent, a career-low, in 18 games with the Raptors to begin last season, he shot the ball at a career-best 48 per cent clip as a member of the Kings over the duration of the campaign. This year, hes taking fewer shots than he has since his rookie season (15.7), while averaging more points than he ever has (21.1). His 4.0 assists and 6.7 free throw attempts per game are also career-highs. I think giving him a guy like Cousins to really dominate a game [has helped], said Lowry, a close friend of Gays. I think [Valanciunas] was still trying to learn and for me and DeMar it was just kind of a learning process and we didnt really have a lot of time to learn. Without Cousins in the lineup Tuesday, he missed his third straight game with a virus, Gay thrived with the offence going through him. Scoring 20 points on 16 shots, the former Raptor forward also recorded a career-high 10 assists. Meanwhile, Greivis Vasquez, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes were all victorious in Sacramento for the first time since being dealt last December. It means a lot to us, Vasquez admitted after the game. We wanted to come out here and give it to them. Thats how it is, you get traded from a team and you try to do your best and kill it. Both parties should be happy, Casey said. I know Rudys happy and were very happy with the guys we got last year. Unhappy returns James Johnsons brief tenure as a member of the Kings is one hed like to forget. Sacramento acquired Johnson from Toronto, following a turbulent first stint with the Raptors, back in the summer of 2012. Thats where his career would hit rock bottom. Appearing in 52 games and logging just over 16 minutes per night that season, Johnson shot a career-low 41 per cent from the field, 60 per cent from the line, while hitting just two of his 21 attempts form long range. Off the court, he hardly endeared himself to the Kings loyal fan base. He was said to be overweight at the time and reportedly wore a Sonics hat into the locker room as the city was fighting to keep their team and block a move to Seattle. I just think it was tough for me to play here, Johnson admitted. I wont put all the onus on Sacramento either. It had a lot to do with me being immature. I was playing bad. I had a bad year that year. I have to own up to it. The rest is history. As a result, Johnson fell out of the NBA completely, signing with Atlanta the following fall, only to be waived a month later and end up in the D-League before redeeming himself in Memphis last season. Now, hes making the most of his second opportunity in Toronto, excelling in a role he was once hesitant to accept and hes not looking back. [Its a] fresh start, Johnson, who was greeted with a few boos as he checked in to begin the second quarter. [I] try to forget about stuff like that, try to move on. Like I said before, the old James Johnson dont exist no more. The only thing that Sacramento has that has anything to do with me or that holds any value to me is my son was born here. We all go through something that makes us better people, Casey said. We all fall down and how we get back up is important. James has gotten back up and hes on the path of going the right way. So hes got to continue to do that and put everything else in the rearview mirror and grow from it and learn from and forget about it. I think thats the lesson hes probably learned. In 28 minutes coming off the bench Tuesday, Johnson scored a season-high 19 points, shooting 9-of-13 and grabbing seven boards. I think it means more that we didnt lose three in a row than it does coming back to your former team and trying to win, said the 27-year-old forward. It was a team win and we played like it was any other team, any other game. Theres no revenge or no grudges in this league. You never know when youre going to come back, like how Im back with the Raptors.
Solo gli utenti registrati possono vedere i link!
Registrati o Entra nel forum!
. Go to turbozone.ca to see more of his epic work and you can follow him on twitter (@Turbo_Zone). Gaurav Shastri - A tribute to the amazing fan base who stand outside during games at "Jurassic Park" and an unbelievable shot of Paul Pierce fearing a Raptor.
. Next years tournament is also within sight for Bosnia-Herzegovina, which has never played in a World Cup, but Cristiano Ronaldo looks destined for the playoffs with Portugal after a night when the qualifying picture in the nine groups became much clearer.
.C. United to a 4-1 victory over short-handed FC Dallas on Saturday night.
. Its a blessing and a burden for nine sons of former NHL players who are all expected to be taken in the first four rounds of the draft this weekend.
. -- Phil Mickelson came to the St.PITTSBURGH -- The Arizona Diamondbacks have a lot of ground to make up if they are going to get to the post-season. Martin Prado hopes that Saturdays 20-hit outburst was a step in the right direction. Prado went 4 for 5 with a three-run home run and Paul Goldschmidt added a three-run shot and the Diamondbacks routed the Pittsburgh Pirates 15-5 on Saturday. The Diamondbacks won for the fourth time in five games. They entered the day 8 1/2 games behind the Los Angeles Dodgers in the NL West and six games behind the Cincinnati Reds for the second wild card. "I feel like this is the beginning of what we should do from now on," Prado said. "I feel like everybody contributed. Were hoping to keep having this offence all the way through the end of the season. "Being realistic, its not going to be like this every day, but I liked the way we prepared for the game then everybody had good at-bats." Prados 11th homer of the season capped a six-run third inning against All-Star Jeff Locke and put the Diamondbacks ahead 8-0. Prado has driven in 13 runs in his past 10 games. "Its just the way baseball goes," Prado said of his RBI surge. "Im on a hot streak right now. You might go a month and not get an RBI. I just want to ride the streak as long as I can." Goldschmidts 30th homer came in the ninth and tied him with Pittsburghs Pedro Alvarez for the National League lead. Alvarez hit his 30th earlier in the game. Goldschmidt and Didi Gregorius each had three of the Diamondbacks 20 hits. Gregorius, a rookie shortstop, had gone 2 for 29 in his previous eight games. "A lot of times you can tell how a guy is going to do in the game by his batting practice," Arizona manager Kirk Gibson said. "Didi didnt really have a set pre-game routine until today. Hes finally found a routine that works and you saw the results. I think its going to make a big difference for him." Trevor Cahill (4-10) earned his first win since May 17. He went five innings and allowed four runs and seven hits. He was activated from the disabled list before the game. He had been out since July 1 with a bruised right hip. A.J. Pollock, Aaron Hill, Wil Nieves and Gerardo Parra had two hits each and Nieves had three RBIs, including a two-run double in the first inning to give Arizona an early lead. After going 0-6 with a 7.91 ERA in his previous eight starts, Cahill struck out four and walked one. "It felt like my debut all over again," Cahill said. "It was a weird feeling, like I hadnt done this before. Ill take the win, enjoy the great offensive support and then work on some things so Im better in my next start." Alvarez hit a three-run hoome run and Starling Marte added a solo shot for NL Central-leading Pittsburgh in the third inning, enabling the Pirates to cut the lead to 8-4.dddddddddddd Andrew McCutchen had three hits and Neil Walker and Jose Tabata had two each. McCutchen has had multiple hits in 10 of his past 14 games. Locke (9-4) allowed eight runs and 10 hits in 2 2/3 innings while walking three and striking out two. He is winless in his past four starts and gave up more than three runs for just the second time in his past 18 starts. "Today was a reality check for me, absolutely," Locke said. "Any start like that is a reality check. You set your standards high, you set your goals high and youre disappointed when you dont reach them. I wasnt sitting there pouting about it, though, when I came out of the game. Its just the nature of the game to occasionally have a day like this." Prados home run with two outs in the third put Arizona ahead by eight and Locke was removed after Goldschmidt followed with a single. Goldschmidts hit was the seventh in a row by the Diamondbacks in the inning, tying a club record. Gregorius doubled in the first run of the third and Cahill, who was hitting .063, followed with a two-run single. The Pirates, who have dropped six of eight, cut the deficit to 8-5 in the sixth when Russell Martin doubled and scored on Tabatas single. However, Joe Thatcher came on and struck out Walker with the bases loaded to end the threat. Thatcher has inherited four bases-loaded situations this season and has not allowed a run. Arizona added four runs in the eighth inning on pinch-hitter Jason Kubels two-run single, Nieves sacrifice fly and Gregorius RBI single. Goldschmidts homer in the ninth gave the Diamondbacks a season high in runs. "Thatchers strikeout was really big," Gibson said. "Even though the game was 15-5, it was a close game. They had a lot of pressure on us. People are going to look at score and say it was a blowout, but it was far from that. Thats a good team over there and they kept coming at us." NOTES: The series concludes Sunday with Arizona LHP Wade Miley (9-8, 3.63) facing Pittsburgh RHP Charlie Morton (4-3, 3.79). ... The Diamondbacks optioned RHP Chaz Roe to Triple-A Reno to open a roster spot for Cahill. ... Arizona C Miguel Montero, who has been on the DL with a strained lower back since July 29, began an injury rehab assignment with the rookie-level Arizona League Diamondbacks on Saturday. ... The Pirates are hopeful RHP Jason Grilli, who has been on the disabled list since July 23 with a strained right forearm, can begin throwing off a mound by next weekend. Grilli has converted 30 of 31 save opportunities. ' ' '
Torna in cima
Profilo Messaggio privato Indirizzo AIM
Adv

MessaggioInviato: 25 Set 2019 07:40:14    Oggetto: Adv

Torna in cima
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Forum di prova Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: